As well as my usual resolutions of, y’know, lose weight, eat healthily, cut down on drinking etc I thought I’d make a few travel related resolutions. These will help me to see 40 countries before I’m 40, as well as my overall goal of seeing as much of the world as possible!
- Visit at least 2 new countries – If I’m to keep on track to see 40 before 40, then I need to visit at least 2 or 3 new countries this year. I have a huge list that I want to visit so we shall see what happens!
- Travel outside Europe this year – maybe Asia or South America? I realised I haven’t left Europe for a few years so maybe 2017 is the year to change all that! I really fancy some more South East Asia, but then South America is the only continent (besides Antarctica) that I haven’t visited. I also haven’t seen much of Africa, but really want to see more North America and New Zealand. Decisions decisions!
- Travel solo – I read so many blogs and stories of female solo travellers and they are all so inspiring! As there are so many places I want to go, I can’t always find people who want to go as well. I’m also single which makes it trickier to find a buddy. I find it ridiculous though that because I’m single or don’t have anyone to travel with, I feel like I can’t go places! I’ve though about solo trips for a while and I figure it’ll go one of 2 ways, either I’ll love it or hate it and if I hate it then I never have to do it again! I’m thinking a short solo trip in Europe might be a good taster!
- Improve my photography skills– I love taking photos. They are without a doubt the best souvenir! My aim is to have a gazillion photos from around the world! However, I don’t have a fancy camera or know much about photography. This year is the year to learn!
- Blog more! – I love reading through my blog at all my trips and adventures. It’s so nice to have them all in one place as a sort of online journal! As I work full time, blogging isn’t always high on my priority list but I hope to give it a bit more time this year. If I get some trips sorted!
What are your plans for the year?