As you probably know, I spent the weekend in Munich. It was my first trip to Germany, so another country ticked off the list! I had a lovely time and felt that I saw a good amount without overdoing it. There are still plenty of things I could do if I ever revisit! It was also nice to visit Bavaria as it seems to have it’s own identity and people are very proud of where they are from.
Here’s my usual rundown of what I did…
Neuschwanstein Castle – If this is the only thing I do, I will be happy! This castle is the whole reason I want to go to Munich so I cannot wait! We have a day trip booked so this should get ticked off the list.This was amazing! Definitely my favourite thing that I did. I’m so pleased to have finally seen the castle! Marienplatz – I’m particularly keen to see the wooden figures dance in the clock!The wooden figures are quite possibly the most underwhelming tourist attraction ever!
- Deutches Museum – Sounds like a cool museum with some interesting exhibitions.
- Stamberger See – I like a bit of natural beauty, so this should be somewhere nice to soak it all up.
- Schloss Nymphenburg – Another castle! Well I do like history!
One of the many parks around the city eg Englischer Garten, Westpark or Hofgarten.We strolled through Englischer Garten and Hofgarten which were both beautiful, particularly with the autumnal colours.
- Olympia park – After a summer spent glued to the telly watching the Olympics, I’m keen to see some Olympics history!
The only thing I was determined to see was Neuschwanstein castle so we were pretty relaxed about everything else. We didn’t cram too much in which was definitely a good decision.
Other things we did:
- A walking tour of Munich – we did a 2 hour walking tour that visited sights such as Marienplatz, Englischer Garten, Hofgarten, Odeonsplatz and Hofbrauhaus.
- St Peter’s Church – We climbed the tower to get a stunning panoramic view of the city.
- Beer Hall – we had dinner in Augustiner Klosterwirt, which serves traditional German food.
Have you been to Munich? What was your favourite thing to do there?