In a few days time I shall be arriving in Germany for a short trip. I can’t wait! After not having had a summer holiday and a stressful time at work, a break is just what I need! Germany is also a new country on my 40 before 40 list!! I’ve heard and read great things about Munich and am super excited to finally be visiting Germany. The only thing I’m not excited about is how rubbish the pound is against the euro, especially as our hotel is pay in local currency when we arrive! Grrrr!
As usual, I’ve created my wishlist for Munich and hope to see and do as much as possible!
- Neuschwanstein Castle – If this is the only thing I do, I will be happy! This castle is the whole reason I want to go to Munich so I cannot wait! We have a day trip booked so this should get ticked off the list.
- Marienplatz – I’m particularly keen to see the wooden figures dance in the clock!
- Deutches Museum – Sounds like a cool museum with some interesting exhibitions.
- Stamberger See – I like a bit of natural beauty, so this should be somewhere nice to soak it all up.
- Schloss Nymphenburg – Another castle! Well I do like history!
- One of the many parks around the city eg Englischer Garten, Westpark or Hofgarten.
- Olympia park – After a summer spent glued to the telly watching the Olympics, I’m keen to see some Olympics history!
Hopefully, we’ll get to see as much as possible!