As is tradition, I compiled my usual wishlist for Copenhagen before my trip. I’ve learnt with these lists, not to be too ambitious. I now prefer to choose a few interesting things that I really want to do, rather than a massive list of everything, which means I spend ages rushing about! Quality rather than quantity.
This was my original list:
Go up Rundetaarn – this is top of my list because it’s where I’m going to get the view! See the Little Mermaid statue– we saw from our river cruise. Didn’t actually walk to it. Tivoli Gardens
- Ride a bike – haven’t done this for almost 20 years so could be interesting!
Nyhavn – definitely want a good photo of the harbour!
- Catch the ferry to Sweden – could I cross off another country?
- Eat good food – Copenhagen has some of the best restaurants in the world although I highly doubt I can afford to eat in them! We didn’t eat in any fancy restaurants, we mainly got snacks from the 7-11s. But, one of the best things we did was visit the street food hall where you can get cuisines from literally anywhere in the world. I had one of the best Thai curries I’ve ever had! Highly recommend!
Other things we did that weren’t on the list were:
- The street food hall mentioned above
- River cruise – we saw loads of the city from the canals and realised how small it actually is!
- Took a chunk out of my heel!
- Had the most amazing Airbnb apartment, so spent most evenings sat on the sofa drinking gin, being talked into travelling long term!