ANOTHER LIST!???!!! I hear you cry!
Yes we all know I love a good list and I’ve found ANOTHER travel related one that caught my attention. This one is from The Matador Network website.
After reading it, I’m not entirely sure I need or want to do all the things on this list. I think so far I’ve only done 1! But I enjoy a challenge and it can give me yet more things to aspire towards!
- Set foot on each of the seven continents – This I want to do! Just got South America and Antarctica to go!
- Cross a country on a bike
- Ride something bigger than a horse
- Live like a local for a month
- Visit a ‘real’ Blues bar in Chicago
- Learn another language – I can speak a bit of French, know a few Italian phrases and can say hello in several languages, does this count?
- Going heli skiing
- Travel India by train
- Climb one of the world’s seven summits
- Dive with a whale shark
- Participate in Carnival in Brazil
- Dance a tango in Argentina (preferably with an incredibly hot man!)
- Scuba the Great Barrier Reef
- Publish an article about your travels – does my little blog count?
- Volunteer abroad for a month
- Follow in the footsteps of your favourite travel book
- Take a bush plane ride into Africa’s interior
- Cross a glacier on foot
- Visit the source of one of the world’s great rivers
Climb an active volcano– check! Mt Vesuvius!
- Buy a boat and learn to sail
- Follow your food from field to table
- Bathe in the Ganges
- Travel around the world
- Photograph an endangered species
- Participate in Burning Man
- Spend 24 hours alone in the jungle
- Learn how to make a national dish – any suggestions?
- Teach English in a foreign country
- Attend a music festival in another country
Cross a country using only public transport– I’m saying my trip in Italy – Milan – Venice – Florence – Naples – Rome by train
- Spend the night in an historic hotel
- Attend the Olympics
- Meet your favourite (travel) writer – I’m making the word ‘travel’ optional
- Travel to Germany to experience Love Parade
- Partake in a Japanese tea ceremony
- Join a caravan in the Sahara
- Go to Oktoberfest
- Stand at the North or South Pole
- Be in the stands when two rival South American football teams compete
- Visit the birthplace or grave site of a cultural icon
- Find your version of ‘The Beach’
- Enjoy a freshly rolled cigar in Cuba
- Visit every capital city in Europe – I can see this being another one of my personal lists/challenges!
- Watch an orchestral performance in Vienna
- Bike the Pacific Coast Highway
- Shake hands with someone who has truly changed a country
- Participate in Songkran
How many can you tick off? What would be on your list?