It’s now less than 36 hours until I embark on Bella Italia 2014! That is the official title of my trip! I’m starting to freak out slightly as I haven’t got any Euros or insurance yet. I also need to do all my washing and ironing, clean my house, finish packing and finalise my lift to the airport! This is my first trip where I am leaving my own house (as opposed to my parents) so I need to remove any food from the fridge and make sure I empty all my bins and turn plugs off! (Just not the freezer!)
Anyway… I’m very excited and have read numerous blog posts and travel guides for inspiration. I have several things that I MUST do but I also enjoy just wandering around and exploring. I like to have a balance between planned days and ‘free’ days!
Here’s the list of things I intend to do on my Italian adventure!
- See The Last Supper at Santa Maria della Grazie
- Climb the Dumo
- Visit Galleria Vittorio Emanuelle II
- Stalk George Clooney at Lake Como
- Eat lots of ice cream
- Go in a gondola
- Visit Piazza San Marco & St Mark’s basilica, Doge palace etc
- Visit Murano and/or Burano
- Go up the campanile
- Visit the Peggy Guggenheim collection
- Eat lots of pizza
- Go up the duomo
- Visit other Tuscan cities (Siena/Pisa/Lucca)
- Pitti Palace
- Get lots of nice photos of Florence, the rooftops, the Arno River and Ponte Vecchio
- Eat lots of pasta
- Eat pizza!
- Visit Piazza Bellini
- Visit Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius
- Visit Amalfi coast (if time)
- Villa Borghese
- Piazza Navona
- Eat lots of pizza, pasta and ice cream
In fact, I’m open to suggestions for Rome. I visited just over a year ago and did all the tourist things such as Colosseum and the Vatican etc. I’m looking for more obscure attractions that may not be so popular this time of year!
Also, if you have any suggestions for any other of the cities I’m visiting, I’d love to know! Please leave a comment!